Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.


Motor Vehicles

Credit is AUTOMATIC if plates were transferred to a replacement vehicle: 
Pay the current bill. Credit will be applied by CT DMV next January to the bill for the replacement vehicle. 

To obtain credit if plates were not transferred: 
Please submit the PLATE RETURN RECEIPT and PROOF that CLEARLY shows the DATE OF DISPOSITION and identifies the specific motor vehicle in question including the VIN number. 

The following forms of proof are acceptable and should be submitted to the Assessor's Office:

  • Out-of-State registration clearly showing date registered
  • Letter from your insurance company identifying the vehicle (vin number), stating date of cancellation and reason for cancellation.
  • Letter from a junk dealer identifying the vehicle (vin number), stating date of transaction.
  • Letter from a charitable organization identifying the vehicle (vin number), stating date of donation.
  • Letter from Police Department identifying the vehicle (vin number), stating vehicle was stolen and not recovered, or totaled, and date of occurence.
  • Bill of sale identifying the vehicle (vin number).
  • Original registration from the person to whom the vehicle was transferred.
  • Canceled title (front and back). 
Assessor's Office hours are:

Monday: 8:00am - 12:30pm        
Tuesday: 8:00am - 3:30pm        
Wednesday: 8:00am - 12:30pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 12:30 pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:30pm



Town of Bridgewater • 44 Main Street South • Bridgewater, CT 06752 • 860-354-2731 • Fax: 860-350-5944
TOWN HALL HOURS: Open daily - Please see individual departments for posted hours.
Virtual Towns & Schools   •    Disclaimer